The ingredient of Pea & potato soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g desiree potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 380g (2 1/2 cups) frozen peas
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons thickened light cream
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Pea & potato soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until the onion softens slightly. Add the potatoes, peas and stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (See microwave tip.) Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer 1/3 of the soup to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Place in a heatproof bowl. Repeat with the remaining soup. Return all the soup to the pan and reheat over medium-high heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until hot. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Top each with 2 teaspoons of cream and sprinkle with pepper. Serve with the crusty bread.
Nutritions of Pea & potato soupfatContent: 298.272 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 15 grams protein
sodiumContent: 5 milligrams cholesterol